RFQ: Rail Operator in Mount Vernon
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
Ports of Indiana-Mount Vernon
RFQ Response Deadline: August 31, 2023
Ports of Indiana is seeking submissions from railroads interested in providing intra-port switching and track maintenance services at Ports of Indiana-Mount Vernon. We are seeking companies that can demonstrate a strong capacity for future business growth, best-in-class operations, and exceptional customer service, which are integral to the port’s operations.
Ports of Indiana is looking for a rail partner to create a win-win-win business environment to support growth for customers, the port, and rail operations. Current tenant capabilities include barge-to-rail and rail-to-barge bulk and general cargo operations as well as direct rail service to storage and processing facilities for agriculture, energy, steel, and minerals. The Rail Operator is expected to provide services to grow business, diversify cargoes and partner with the port to make investments into expansions and drive projects that create regional
Port attributes include:
- Ohio River port is part of #1 ranked inland port district in U.S. by tonnage.
- 1,200-acre port has 12 tenants and over 600 acres of industrial sites.
- Potential access for 5 Class I railroads (NS, CSX, UP, BNSF, CN).
- Switching services for approximately 10,000 carloads per year.
- Port receives up to 50,000 railcars per year for all tenants.
- Direct interchange with Evansville Western Railway, a Class II regional railroad.
- Facility includes 8.2 miles of port track and storage for approximately 200 cars.
- PIDP grant application submitted to fund $18M railyard and transload facility.
- Cargoes include Steel, Project Cargo, Corn, Soy Products, DDGs, Ethanol, Fertilizer, and Talc.
- Port is located within 30 miles from Median Center of U.S. population, Toyota’s 2nd largest U.S. auto manufacturing facility and a new U.S.-to-Canada I-69 interstate opening in 2024.
RFQ responses should include the following:
- Letter of Interest: A statement of the company’s specific interests in this facility.
- Background Information: Description of the company and key personnel.
- Financial Resources: Explanation of company’s financial standing and ability to support future investments and long-term terminal operations.
- Marketing Materials: Relevant materials such as brochures, websites, and maps.
- Strategies/Track Record: Descriptions of the company’s strategic approach and track records for Business Development, Safety, and Environmental Programs.
RFQ Response Deadline: August 31, 2023. Letters of Interest and related materials should be emailed to MVTerminal@portsofindiana.com